Midwest City in Oklahoma County is a relatively new city in the United States. Having only been incorporated as a city since March 11, 1943, the area continues to show promise of future economic growth. Many of the current 54,000 residents are families with young children in their household, children who will stay in the area and help continue to build this fledgling city.
The land the city sits on today was first purchased by W.P. “Bill” Atkinson after there were rumors that a nearby air field was to be built. The air field was built shortly after (originally known as Midwest Air Depot, which is where the name of the city originates) and it was eventually renamed as the Tinker Aerospace Complex.
Serving Our Youth and Protecting Parents
It is no secret that the divorce rate in Oklahoma is among the worst in the nation. Many of these separations and divorces impact the young lives of children, most of whom will continue to benefit from having a strong connection with both parents once a divorce has been finalized. At Rick Dane Moore and Associates Law Firm PLLC, we receive a lot of questions about child custody, including:
Who Will Receive Child Custody?
Fathers should no longer immediately assume that the mother will instantly receive custody of the children. There are a number of factors to be taken into account, including:
- The age, gender, and development of the child
- How emotionally attached the child is to each parent and how involved each parent has been in the child’s life
- A child’s ability to adjust to different family arrangements and environments
- A child’s preference (this will only be taken into account when the child reaches 12 years of age or so)
- How stable a parent is physically, emotionally, socially and financially
- If there is a history of domestic or child abuse
If I Have Sole Custody, Will I Still Need to Deal with Child Visitation?
Possibly not, but most parents will. When a parent is awarded sole custody, he or she assumes the responsibility for most if not all of the child rearing responsibilities. The child will also live with that parent full time.
The non-custodial parent may still have rights to visitation. More often than not, the non-custodial parent will be granted limited or partial visitation.
Child custody issues are not only legally complex, but they are emotionally taxing and can be difficult to deal with. The family attorneys at the Rick Dane Moore and Associates PLLC Law Firm have the experience you need to ensure that the rights of yourself and your children are protected throughout the course of a divorce.
Our professional and understanding lawyers step in when you request assistance and will provide you with expert guidance. We welcome your contact today to speak to one of our lawyers at (405) 366-0373.
Directions to Our Norman, OK Family Law Attorneys From Midwest City
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Midwest City, OK
Total Est. Time: 36 mins
Total Est. Distance: 29.7 mi
- Head north on Felix Dr toward SE 15th St
- Turn left onto SE 15th St
- Slight right onto Tinker Diagonal St (signs for I-40 W)
- Use any lane to take the ramp onto I-40 W
- Merge onto I-40 W
- Use the left lane to merge onto I-35 S/US-62 W toward Dallas
- Take exit 106 for OK-9 W toward Chickasha
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto OK-9 W (signs for Oklahoma 9 W)
- Turn left onto Western Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at: