Situated almost in the center of Oklahoma’s Cleveland County is the city of Moore. Home to over 55,000 residents, this area was first established by the building of a post office in mid-1889.
At the time, a train operator named Al Moore lived in a boxcar at a railway camp. Frustrated that he had such difficulty receiving mail at that “address”, he painted his name “Moore” on a large board and nailed it to the front of the boxcar. When the town was incorporated in 1893, the name of the area officially became named “Moore”.
Moore has received national press on a few occasions, though most of these news stories have been regarding the catastrophic tornadoes which have struck the area. The F5 Bridge Creek-Moore tornado which touched down on May 3 1999 was the most costly tornado of all time (as of that year). The recorded winds reached speeds of 301 mph, the highest wind speed recorded on earth. The Moore Tornado of 2013 only had a wind speed of 210 miles per hour but still claimed 24 lives.
The Unexpected Can and Does Happen
Many of those living throughout the state of Oklahoma and especially in the city of Moore are all too familiar with tornadoes. One thing that these disasters prove is that on any given day, the lives of a loved one or even ourselves can be claimed by an unknown accident or catastrophe.
This is the reason why our attorneys at the law firm of Rick Dane Moore & Associates Law Firm, P.L.L.C. believe that everyone should be aware of the importance of having a Will and how they can go about having one drafted.
The Steps To Creating a Hassle-Free Will
Our clients often state that they never bothered to create a Will because it seemed to be too difficult. Drafting a will doesn’t have to be a painstaking process.
The basic steps:
- Decide what will be in your will
- Decide who will be inheriting your property
- Choose a trusted individual to act as the executor of your estate (be sure to ask this person first)
- If you have minor children, you will need to decide on two things:
- Who will raise them should you pass away unexpectedly and the other parent is not available to raise them
- Who will manage the property of your children
Creating a sound Will that will stand up to any protests and contests is our specialty here at Rick Dane Moore & Associates.
If you have any questions about creating a Will or need help doing so, we invite you to speak to one of our experienced attorneys at (405) 366-0373.
Directions to Our Norman, OK Family Law Attorneys From Moore
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 19 mins
Total Est. Distance: 15.4 mi
- Head south on N Broadway St toward NE 1st St
- Turn right onto W Main St
- Turn left onto I-35 Frontage Rd
- Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-35 S
- Merge onto I-35 S
- Take exit 106 for OK-9 W toward Chickasha
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto OK-9 W (signs for Oklahoma 9 W)
- Turn left onto Western Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at: